Saturday, August 20, 2011

Oh. My. God, Becky...

This is going to be brief as not only have I opened this blog tonight but I have also posted three separate posts before this one.
Last night I went with my hetero life mate Rosa to the Y to work out. Usually we go primarily for Zumba, but we're branching out. So we both rode the elliptical for half an hour each. I learned something very important last night on the elliptical. Ear buds MATTER. I had forgotten mine so I just had my phone with my infinite playlist. So, in desperate need of music, I just turned it on so that I could hear it. Luckily, everyone ELSE had ear buds and didn't have a chance of catching the lyrics to Down With the Sickness or Baby Got Back that was wafting out of my iPhone. When you're music is under scrutiny it's a lot more obvious to you what might offend other people. Case in point the last verse of Down With the Sickness. Or every verse. http://www.metrolyrics.com/down-with-the-sickness-lyrics-disturbed.html
My bad.
We then proceeded to lift weights. It was then I learned, as I entered my cardio and weights into MyFitnessPal, that lifting weights does not earn you any extra calories. Thanks a lot. Good to know. So I earned myself a cool extra 310 calories for the day. Awesome.
The unfortunate part about being busy is that sometimes you just don't get around to eating. I know that you are supposed to eat something within 30 minutes of exercising to help the recovery effort. I did not do this. What did I do? I got home and put my kids to bed and woke up at about 11:30 asleep on the couch with my younger son. So I put him in the bed and realized I had never eaten. So at almost midnight last night I sat in the completely dark living room and ate a carefully measured bowl of Lucky Charms. And I still came out 371 calories under my limit. My FaceBook Status confirms it.
Then today I got up and cooked breakfast for everyone. I ate half a bagel and a scant spreading of cream cheese. I then acquired the Rosa and we went back to the Y for more cardio-mania. Having remembered my precious ear buds that seem to be warping the shape of my ear canal (thanks, Apple. 'Preciate it.), I was able to go for much longer on the elliptical. I ended up doing about an hour and a half and racking up alkmost 700 calories. Then I did some squats on the Smith machine. I basically started the day with almost 1700 calories. It was already noon. What was I supposed to do with that? Start eating fettucine alfredo? Not a bad idea, but no.
I had homemade tuna salad for lunch, of which I will be making more. Then I had roasted vegetables for supper. Doesn't sound like enough? It wasn't. I stand here as I type, the clock on the stove says 11:09, and I am still shy almost 1100 calories. I don't know what to do. I actually am hungry, but I don't know what to eat.
See, I may be all brave posting my weight and measurements and stuff, but I still hit points where I haven't got a clue in hell what I'm really doing. I do know, though, that if I eat too little then I will start to store it. This I know.
Where did I put the Lucky Charms?

No comments:

Post a Comment